Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Technology's Role In the Classroom

  • Technology is something no one can hide from. If you do not own a cell phone, use the internet, or have an IPOD you are basically getting left in the dust. My Dad owns Cellular Plus Communications, and I remember when he first installed a "car phone" in his truck. It was big, plastic, and hooked up by a cord. Today you will see no such thing. Cellphones are getting smaller and smaller, and the way they are being utilized is ever changing (eg. IPHONE).


  • As far as technology in the classroom, I think it is a must. While teachers are continuously learning new ways of teaching with computers, smartboards, Podcasts, etc, it is only smart for our students to be instructed to do/learn the same technology's. Yes, with new inventions and such, it is getting more difficult. Still, knowing this stuff for the future will only help us advance in our careers and lives.

  • While I am an avid user of the internet, my IPOD, and my cellphone, I do not consider myself an expert when it comes to the new technologies. I am fairly comfortable using Word, Powerpoint, and such. Still, I have a long way to go in learning how to effectively utuilize newer apps. I am not very confident with a digital camera and USB, but I am getting much better using my IPOD. I enjoy downloading all sorts of sports Podcasts. The only problem is my lab top is older and does not run very well, so I have to do most computer work in a lab on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment